With great power comes great responsibility
Luos Is the nervous system of more and more of your robots and your project become more and more serious and big. That’s why we dedicate this release to reliability. So there is not so many new features here but A LOT of improvement.
You all should switch all your modules to this revision to avoid strange behaviors
This revision is not retro-compatible, you have to switch all your modules to v0.5.0 (nothing change on pyluos side).
Also a new Pyluos revision 1.0.14 have been released to manage new features. Nothing have to change on your Pyluos application side.
This new Pyluos revision have an improved serial2ws program that don’t crash when you disconect from your Raspberry. Feel free to update Pyluos on your Raspberry too
To update your modules follow this tutorial : https://www.luos-robotics.com/en/documentation/module-upgrade/
New features :
- Command sent using Json now have module reception garanti mechanism. If a module don’t receive a command after multiple try this module will be excluded from your network and you will receive an exclusion message trough Json. To unlock this module you have to re-detect your network.
- Messages Collisions detection and management.
- There is no more useless data into Json, reducing bandwidth and computer CPU consumption.
- A new module is managed : the Load module allowing to measure forces and torques. The hardware of this module is not available yet.
bug fixes :
- Undelivered commands
- Gost modules can appear in particular condition
- L0 measurement read on some modules fail
- IMU don’t send compass values
- Multiple measurement on the same modules doesn’t work
- Sometimes Json manager on gate send invalid Json
- Sometimes commands can be received twice by modules
- Depending on delay data flux can be irregular
- Too many messages on a Dxl module make it crash
- Gate memory explosion if received Json is too big.
- Json can be overwrited if they are sent too fast